Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Purpose Driven Blog

I've tried a blog before....four posts in and it was an utter failure (probably because those four posts occurred over several months and consisted of the words 'Test' and 'This is my first blog post'). The problem was purpose. As life has gotten busier I have found myself forgetting the day to day IT solutions that I, or my company, have developed or embraced. This is rather unfortunate as I've had a wide variety of IT experiences. So, this blog intends to be somewhat of a personal wiki...a living resource where I can reference the cool things I've found, learned, or developed. Whether it is useful for someone else is something I can only hope for but realize that I'm one of approximately one hundred gagillion blogs by IT guys (and gals) talking about the stuff we do.

I hope to include commentary and thoughts on some of my passions and unique perspectives on the business of IT...namely how business can/should adopt new technologies, or at a minimum, adopt Web 2.0 concepts such as hive intelligence, user generated content, social collaboration, transparency, and open source initiatives to gain competitive advantage in IT, Marketing, Brand Development, etc.

Every now and then, if I find something particularly humorous and indicative of my personality, passion, or sense of humor, I reserve the right to post it.

No comments: